Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Welcome to the 4th Trimester


I had my 6 week post partum appointment today! My how time flies! It's been a rough 6 weeks, but we made it through and it's getting easier every day. I felt as though I had been fairly well prepared, especially after we had gone through with Aiden. Boy, was I mistaken! Annabelle, my sweet little girl, decided that 41 weeks was not long enough during my pregnancy. Welcome to the 4th Trimester! I am not sure if it was because Aiden immediately went to the NICU and Annabelle hasn't been apart from me since she was conceived, but my sweet little girl is a clingy, fussy, little monkey! I have very rarely been able to get her to sleep when she isn't attached to someone. The need to be close to momma is definitely understandable to me, but I don't think Aiden understands. He still wants to be attached to momma as well! In addition to wanting to be worn 24/7, she has her cranky hours from 6-10pm where she wants to be worn, nursed every hour, and walked around the block! It took 4 week to figure out this routine. Until then she would relentlessly cry till she turned beet red and could barely catch her breathe. We tried swaddling. We tried pacifiers (HATES THEM!). We tried warm baths. Lots of cuddles. Rocking. Being worn. Only thing that worked was walking around the block, nurse, back in the stretchy front wrap, and around the block again until 10 pm. I am happy my little girl is content and happy, but boy is momma tired! Here is a slideshow of photos from the last 6 weeks. I can't believe how much she has grown and changed! She is almost 13 pounds already!

0 comments on "Welcome to the 4th Trimester"

Post a Comment

 

The "A" Team Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez