Wednesday, March 30, 2011

First kick!


March 30th - 17 weeks pregnant

We have spent the last week in Santa Barbara, CA for my beautiful sister-in-law's wedding. While the day turned out less-than-sunny, the rain held off until we were under the tents. By Monday, the sun emerged from behind its cover and I finally saw the sun... after months of Oregon rain! The change in weather inspired us to stay another week, but it also meant we have to take a ton of time at the hotel to stay and get work done. Its a bummer, but it has allowed us some time to go out and get food from our favorite places and catch a few rays and time with our family. My wonderful husband even took me to a local (and only) maternity store that sells new/consigned maternity and childrens attire. Having not have purchased or brought any shorts, this was a necessity as the temp is supposed to climb to 80+ this week and I was already sweating at 65-70* in jeans and a tee! 


I don't have any wedding pictures or pictures of myself as I forgot to bring the photo transfer cable, but here is a few phone shots of Lake Los Carneros next to Adam's parents house showing the beautiful scenery after a winter of over-abundant rain... yes, even in So Cal! 

While we have had a boring/stressful day in the hotel room, we did have a first! While I had been feeling fluttering for weeks internally, I finally felt a real kick on my lower right side. I called Adam over quickly but I guess that all baby had in him/her. It was a pretty good one. I might be glad I am not feeling kicks as big as that regularly as when it gets bigger, it might break a rib!

1 comments on "First kick!"

Tanya on March 30, 2011 at 6:11 PM said...

YAY! First kick (felt on the outside), and early too! You will never grow tired of feeling those kicks. It makes pregnancy seem so real doesn't it? I'm giddy with excitement for you!! YAY!

When the kicks get really strong you should try video taping it. I recently looked back of a video of Meeka kicking (from in my belly) and it made me tear up.

YAY for baby kicks!

Post a Comment

 

The "A" Team Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez